Before going into the review let me tell you a bit about what is exactly activated charcoal and how it works as a great ingredient in skincare products.
The making of activated charcoal involves heating carbon-rich materials, such as wood, peat, coconut shells, or sawdust, to very high temperatures.
This ‘activation’ process strips the charcoal of previously absorbed molecules and frees up bonding sites again. This process also reduces the size of the pores in the charcoal and makes more holes in each molecule, therefore, increasing its overall surface area. Thus it is great for removing out the dirt and impurities from the pores of the skin that gets accumulated over time.
Price : INR 499/-
Product description :
WOW Skin Science Activated Charcoal Face Mask is an advanced and premium antipollution facemask enriched with Activated Charcoal Powder, Liquorice Extract & Alteromonas Ferment Extract from French Polynesian Sea Waters. It helps gently and efficiently remove pollution particles, impurities, dust and dead cells from the skin.
Purified Water, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil PEG – 7 Esters, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Mulberry Extract, Liquorice Extract, Sodium PCA, Light Kaolin, Activated Charcoal Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate & Fragrance.
How i like to use it
- First i clean my face using a mild cleanser or with micellar water.
- Then i pat off the excess water using a soft towel leaving the skin a bit damp.
- Then i scoop out a coin size amount with my fingers and apply a thin layer of the mask on my skin.
- I keep it for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off with the help of a wet micro fibre towel (trust me this is the best way of removing it; washing it off stains the wash basin and also it is not properly removed). And then splash some cold water onto my face.
Results on my skin
- It instantly brightens up my dull looking skin.
- It helps in removing the dirt and gunk trapped in the skin pores .
- It does not do much to remove the blackheads present on nose.
- It does remove the dead cell layer off of my skin.
Rating : 4/5